Monday, February 8, 2010

Human After All


No weird facial tics during the commercial audition today. Phew! I don't think I'll get the part though, because there are fifty lovely ladies up for a single role. The odds aren't with me.

I auditioned with the same casting lady from Saturday. While waiting in the hall for my turn in front of the camera, I witnessed casting lady listen to a voice-mail informing her that half of the extras she already booked for another commercial were cut because of the budget. Casting lady got a little misty-eyed at having to tell ten people that the commercial job they thought they had wasn't going to happen after all. Casting lady excused herself for a moment then came back into the hall and explained to all waiting that she knows rejection is tough for actors. She said she feels our pain when she has to pull-the-plug on a part we thought we had.

Casting lady then came into the audition room with me, and chatted me up about some past projects we worked on together. She was really nice. That's probably why I made it through today's audition without any face spasms.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a good experience. I would imagine that it would be tough to have to tell pepole they didn't get the part. She probably gets treated badly by some people who are upset.

    ReplyDelete