Monday, April 5, 2010

Vegetarian in Burger Commercial?


I haven't eaten red meat for eight years, and no poultry or fish in three years. I haven't bought leather in years either. Wednesday I have an audition for a burger chain commercial. Umm...

During the audition, we'll be biting into empty burger buns. That's vegetarian friendly, so no worries. It's probably a non-issue since I'm bad at commercial auditions and have only been in one TV ad campaign to date. (It was also for a restaurant chain. I had to drink cranberry juice posing as wine and eat vegetarian spaghetti and marinara sauce. Totally fine, except for the cursed 5:00 AM call time.)

The funny coincidence is that lately, I've had some pretty powerful cravings for meat. Not for hormone-free, antibiotic-free, free-range chicken; but for a greasy, questionably raised, red meat hamburger. With cheese. From the particular restaurant chain that I'm auditioning for the commercial.

Here's how I see it: I'm not good at commercial auditions what with the crazy smiling face-muscle spasms, so I probably won't be cast, and can try really hard to continue my vegetarian/no-leather-wearing ways despite the growing frequency of meat cravings and growing cuteness of leather shoes. However, if by some miracle of miracles I am cast for the commercial, I will tell myself that my body is craving meat, so I must need it, and that when I ate meat, I enjoyed this burger chain above all others, so it's a true endorsement, and I will enjoy every bite of that burger. With cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment