Sunday, May 23, 2010

I'll Never Be Famous


There is not much going on in my professional acting life recently.

I emceed an interactive dinner mystery show for a group of Shriners a few weeks ago. The Shriners were polite, fun and paid on time.

I could have worked as an extra in the stands of a football game for Friday Night Lights this weekend. Seeing as how "featured extra" is already on my résumé for that show, I declined to work 16 hours outside in late May in Texas.

At this rate, I'll never be famous. No unflattering photos of me in Star, Us Weekly or People. No one hounding me for an autograph while I'm in line for a public bathroom. No borrowing blood-diamonds from Harry Winston for the red carpet events.

Actually, I'm fine with this.

2 comments:

  1. Fame doesn't ever seem like that much fun to me. You're getting to do what you love to do for a living and you're good at it. That's more than a lot of people!

    ReplyDelete