Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Six Degrees of Separation


My wonderfully supportive better-half previously worked in advertising. Though he took off to pursue other ventures over eighteen months ago, we still socialize with his ad buddies. I knew the day would come when I'd have to audition for one of our acquaintances. That day was Saturday.

Mercifully the audition was taped by a casting director (this one I like quite well) to be viewed by our quirky yet intimidating, advertising-guru-friend a later time.

I did not get the part.

I hope that the next time I see this person from the ad company, neither of us mentions the audition tape. It wasn't that I did a bad job. I did a good (not great) job. The whole situation is just a bit awkward.

Thank goodness I never had to audition for any commercial projects my better-half produced. That would have been unbearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment