Monday, June 14, 2010

What am I Doing?


First, the good news: I got paid for acting in a dinner mystery show Friday. The audience seemed to enjoy it. I had fun. I also got some free food. That was nice.

I had an audition last week for some actual acting in a film; not a commercial! The character for which I auditioned dies early in the script, but I gave that audition my best. I remembered all the lines, in the correct order even! The casting people only made me do one take, and said "great job!" with sincere smiles. The film's budget is low, but is SAG scale!

Now, the bad news: I have not heard a peep from either my agent or the casting people about the movie. Remember that in the professional actor's life, no news is BAD news. Dadgummit!

What do I think I'm doing trying to be a professional actress? Maybe I'll just go back to being an "extra". There's a much lower barrier to "extra" work, and it usually pays, unlike all of these fruitless auditions I've been going on for nearly a year.

I have a hopeful fear that my agency will drop me soon. Hopeful because if they drop me, I won't have to go on any more of these painful, high-pressure auditions. Fear because I don't want to be dropped. It's like getting fired or dumped.

No comments:

Post a Comment